Selling is ideally an equal exchange of value. One of us brings money to the table, the other one brings either a product or service. Ideally, the two sides of the equation are equal in value, and how we determine the fair value is dependent on quite a few forces. Since success in sales is all about mindsets, I offer the following random insights and thoughts on the subject:
- SALES is an acronym for Simply Allowing Life’s Experiences to be Shared (I first learned this from a colleague at ACTO….thanks, Amarah!)
- Sales is not a brussel sprout or a lima bean. Nothing about it needs to be “just eat it, it’s good for you.” Find the sweetness (the candy) in selling and do that.
- Referrals need to be pull, not push.
- Sales is an equal exchange of commitment.
- Know your brand. Know how you’re showing up.
- Exceptional selling requires leadership, awareness, authenticity, and a love of the game.