Are you a coach, consultant, speaker, trainer or service professional like a therapist, accountant, or lawyer struggling with sales, marketing, and networking? Maybe it’s not comfortable for you or it doesn’t feel easy?
Are you great at what you do, but your revenues don’t reflect it yet, or haven’t yet grown to the level you expected? You know you’re making a difference with your clients, but you’re not seeing it in your bank account yet?
Are you yearning to figure out how to create more clients, more money, and more fulfillment in your business?
You can SEAL the DEAL!
Seal the Deal: The Essential Mindsets for Growing Your Professional Services Business
The book demystifies how successful coaches and consultants make money while making a difference…CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE PAPERBACK or see below for e-book, self-study program, online success kit and other versions.
The innovative, 10-Step Seal the Deal system reveals how to integrate the critical trinity of networking, marketing and sales to find and land the ideal clients who need your genius. Learn how to integrate these business building strategies while making a difference doing the work you love. This book includes worksheets, diagrams, checklists, and step-by-step instructions to Seal the Deal.
In the video below, author Suzi Pomerantz introduces the book, Seal the Deal…
Seal the Deal makes marketing services simple. Learn the ten core steps in a proven process, including the Essential Mindsets for Selling Services and a road-tested system for how to simultaneously manage networking, marketing and sales to get the clients you want. Coaches, consultants, counselors, and self-employed professionals of any industry will find practical, proven, powerful strategies to build your business beyond bountiful.
Suzi Pomerantz takes a coach approach to sales and shows you how to:
- Never make a cold call again
- Build your business while billing time
- Reframe how you think about sales and selling
- Eliminate phone fear and fill your schedule with prospective clients
- Handle objections at every stage of the sales process
- Think about sales meetings as a chess match
- Master networking so you can manage your relational assets
- Ask for what you want
- Track your progress and utilize the sales and service cycles synergistically
- Integrate her proven selling system with your natural style and personality to take actions that feel comfortable and sustainable
- Build your business your way
- Take the mystery out of how to get the clients you want
- Take the struggle out of selling your services to executives and organizations
- Find the sweet spot where networking, marketing and sales intersect so you can successfully Seal the Deal!
Find your Sweet Spot!
Learn where Marketing, Sales, and Networking Intersect for your Business!
SEAL THE DEAL BOOK (Digital Format)
This is the fully formatted, 356 page best selling book in a digital format.
In this book, you’ll learn the distinctions between, and how to integrate networking, marketing, and sales to grow your professional services business!
Seal the Deal: The Essential Mindsets for Growing Your Professional Services Business demystifies how successful coaches make money while making a difference. The innovative, 10-Step Seal the Deal system reveals how to integrate the critical trinity of networking, marketing and sales to find and land the ideal clients who need your genius.
If you are a coach, consultant, or solopreneur who is great at what you do, but who has also been struggling with how to grow your valuable service business, we invite you to step behind the success curtain to learn the insider growth secrets that will get you booking clients and breathing easy. Each chapter starts with part of an actual transcript of a telecourse session. You’ll get to know the participants, their fears and successes and their experiences as they learn the same process you’ll be learning.
Learn how the top 1% of coaches, consultants and other professionals get it done (and how you can too) in leading coach, Suzi Pomerantz’s best selling book!
More than 15 FIVE STAR reviews on Amazon.
Here’s what leaders you may know are saying –
Praise for Seal the Deal!
“Seal the Deal is a cogent, coherent and comprehensive approach to business development. Don’t miss it!” — Ken Blanchard, Co-author The One Minute Manager and Leading at a Higher Level
“Many great coaches and consultants have the dedication, education and experience needed to help others. They are just missing clients! Seal the Deal shows you how to solve this problem and helps you turn great talent into a great business. This is an important book!”
— Marshall Goldsmith, America’s pre-eminent executive coach and author of 22 books on leadership.
“Seal the Deal, more than a traditional book, is a series of powerful coaching sessions dealing with a big breakdown that many excellent coaches and consultants face today: they don’t know how to sell their services to organizations. Suzi Pomerantz not only knows, she can also coach us so we can learn that critical ability.”
— Julio Olalla, President, Newfield Network, Inc.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Self-Assessment Quiz: How Ready Are You? Test Your Seal the Deal-ability
- Overview of Seal the Deal
- Why Buy From You?
- No One is On the Bench
- Navigational Elements of the System
- Step 1 — Demystifying Selling: Distinguishing Networking, Marketing, and Sales
- Telecourse Session #1: Your 30-Second Commercial
- The Difference between Networking, Marketing and Sales
- 30-Second Commercial Basics
- The 30-Second Commercial
- Time Management
- Losing Negative Baggage
- Helping Professions and the Conflict With Sales
- Worksheet: Understanding your Mindsets
- Partnership and Service: Mental Positioning
- Distinguishing Between Networking, Marketing, And Sales
- Time Management: The Accordion Effect
- Worksheet: Time Management
- Worksheet: Planning Your Week
- Step 2 — The Sales Process, Targeting, Prospects, and Branding
- Telecourse Session #2: The Sales Process and Introduction to Targeting
- Fine-Tuning Your 30-Second Commercial
- The Sales Process and the Bowtie Model
- The Bowtie Model for Sales and Service
- Defining Your Services
- Sample: Definitions of Executive Coaching
- Moments of Truth and the Service Cycle
- Branding Worksheet: Defining Your Brand
- Targeting Worksheet: Making Strategic Choices
- Step 3 — Calling Prospects and Setting up the First Meeting
- Telecourse Session #3: Moving Toward Your First Client Meeting
- The Sales Process Revisited
- Appointment-Setting Tips
- Starting the Client Conversation
- Phone Fear
- Exercise: Guided Inquiry about Phone Fear
- Making Calls to Set Appointments
- Practice Script: Setting Appointments
- Keeping a List
- Tip Sheet: Appointment Setting
- Worksheet: Prospect Contact Log
- Step 4 — Handling Objections and Gatekeepers
- Telecourse Session #4: Getting Appointments
- Appointment Setting Results
- Cold Calls, Phone Fear, and the Myth of Preparation
- Dealing with Objections
- Beyond Objections
- Getting Past the Gatekeepers
- Voice Mail Gatekeeping
- Practice Script: Voice Mail Messaging
- Handling Objections… The Beginning of the Chess Match
- Tip Sheet: Typical Objections and Responses
- Handling Rejection
- Worksheet: Overcoming Objections
- Keeping Track
- Worksheet: Prospect Call Analysis
- Step 5 — The Client Meeting As Chess Match
- Telecourse Session #5: Into the Client Meeting
- Experiences with Objections
- The Power of Persistence
- Leading Into the Client Meeting
- Elements of Successful Client Meetings
- Keeping Your Focus in a Client Meeting (Keep Your Head in the Game)
- Listening in the Client Meeting
- Strategic Storytelling
- Getting a Second Meeting
- Checklist: Elements of Successful Client Meetings
- Sample: Client Meeting Questions
- Checklist: Client Meeting Reminders
- Step 6 — Following Up and Tracking
- Telecourse Session #6: Follow Up
- Working Strategies for Follow Up
- Follow Up Support Systems
- Following Up and the Mind Games We Play
- Tracking Your Progress
- Step 7 — Proposals, Pricing, and Contracting
- Sample: Coaching Proposal Cover Letter
- Sample: Coaching Proposal
- Telecourse Session #7: Dialogue on Proposals
- The Offer
- About Fees, Value, and Giving Work Away
- Proposal Basics
- Proposal Formats
- The Purpose of Proposals
- Proposal Models
- Shifting the Money Conversation
- Asking for What You Want
- Contracting and Setting up an Engagement
- Sample: Coaching Agreement
- Sample: Individual Coaching Agreement
- Coaching ROI Resources
- Step 8 — Networking
- Telecourse Session #8: Expanding the Sale and Using Your Network
- Ways to Expand the Sale
- Ongoing Networking
- Networking Mindsets
- Networking Vehicle: Informational Interviews
- What Is Networking?
- Nine Mindsets of Networking
- Checklist: Networking Actions
- Step 9 — Expanding the Sale While Serving the Client
- Telecourse Session #9: Getting New Business from Clients
- A Glance Back: Networking, Marketing, and Prospecting
- The Lessons Learned Meeting
- Damage Control and Handling Critical Feedback
- Building Business While Billing Time
- Handling Yourself in a Lessons Learned Meeting
- Checklist: Lessons Learned Meeting Discussion Points
- Initiating New Sales Conversations
- Step10 — Building Business and the Art of Referrals
- Telecourse Session #10: Referral Relationships
- Great Lessons Learned Questions
- Leveraging Referrals
- Referrals 1-2-3
- Referral Guidelines
- Checklist: 4 Keys of Referrals
- Integrating it All
- Getting in Action
- Worksheet: Personal Action Plan
- Template: Personal Strategic Business Development Action Plann
- Worksheet: My Personal Strategic Business Development Action
- Plan in three distinct domains: Networking, Marketing, and Sales
- Worksheet: My Individual Selling System
- Mental Positioning: Critical Mindsets for Success in Sales
- Final Thoughts and Next Steps
- Daily Chafes
- Fake It
- Persistence and Resilience
- You’re Only As Good As Your Weakest Link
- Play Big
- Mailbox Money
- How Big Is Big Enough?
- Harness the Sales Process
- Onward . . .
- More Homework
- Recommended Reading
- About the Author