User Agreement: Terms and Conditions
SUZIPOMERANTZ.COM WEB SITE USER AGREEMENT
1. Welcome to SuziPomerantz.com, which is owned by Innovative Leadership International LLC (“ILI”, “Web site” or “we”). By using this Web site, you agree to be bound by all of the terms of this Agreement (the “User Agreement”). We reserve the right to change the terms of this User Agreement or to modify any features of this Web site at any time without notice to you, and you agree to be bound by such changes. Any changes to this User Agreement shall become a part of this User Agreement and shall apply as soon as they are posted. The most current version of the User Agreement can be viewed at any time at: suzipomerantz.com. Your use of this Web site constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions and policies. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features or functionality (including, without limitation, video and related projects) that augment or enhance the Web site, shall be subject to this User Agreement.
2. ILI reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Web site (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that ILI shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Web site. While ILI takes great care to ensure that the information contained on this Web site is accurate and up to date, ILI’s Web site and its contents are provided “as is” and we make no representations or warranties, express or implied of any kind with respect to ILI ’s Web site or its contents. As a visitor to our Web site, you acknowledge and agree that any reliance on or use by you of any information available on this Web site shall be entirely at your own risk.
3. Unless otherwise expressly noted, all visitors to this Web site should assume that all content contained on this Web site is protected by copyright, trademark or other applicable intellectual property laws. This content includes without limitation, images, graphics, photographs, trademarks, logos, text, articles, quotes, documents, videos, audio, the Web site as a whole and any other materials at the Web site. Nothing contained in these terms confers on any visitor to this Web site any license, right, title or interest in any content, including any intellectual property or content of third parties included on this Web site. You may access and use the materials on this Web site solely for your personal, non-commercial use, so long as you do not modify the material and keep all copyright and other proprietary notices completely intact. This Web site (including, without limitation, text, photographs, graphics, video and audio content) is protected by copyright as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries, and ILI (subject to the rights of its licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) has rights therein. All individual articles, videos, content and other elements comprising this Web site are also copyrighted works, and ILI (subject to the rights of its licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) has rights therein. You must abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in this Web site. By posting or submitting content on or to the Web site (regardless of the form or medium with respect to such content, whether text, videos, photographs, audio or otherwise), you are giving ILI, and its affiliates, agents and third party contractors the right to display or publish such content on the Web site and its affiliated publications (either in the form submitted or in the form of a derivative or adapted work), to store such content, and to distribute such content and use such content for promotional and marketing purposes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, with respect to any video submissions to ILI made by you from time to time, you understand and agree that (unless you and we agree otherwise) ILI may, or may permit users to, based solely on functionality provided and enabled by the ILI website, compile, re-edit, adapt or modify your video submission, or create derivative works therefrom, either on a stand-alone basis or in combination with other video submissions, and (unless you and we agree otherwise) you shall have no rights with respect thereto and ILI or its licensees shall be free to display and publish the same (as so compiled, re-edited, adapted, modified or derived) for any period.
You shall be solely responsible for your own submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with each of your submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that: (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize ILI to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all such submissions to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by ILI and this User Agreement; and (ii) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in such submissions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by ILI and this User Agreement. In furtherance of the foregoing, you agree that you will not: (i) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant ILI all of the rights granted herein; (ii) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage ILI or any third party; (iii) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; or (iv) post advertisements or solicitations of business.
ILI reserves the right to remove or not publish submissions without prior notice.
4. If you are a copyright owner or agent thereof and believe that User Content infringes upon your copyright, please submit notice, pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512(c)) to our Copyright Agent with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) the URL of the location containing the material that you claim is infringing; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Our Copyright Agent can be reached as follows: By mail: suzipomerantz.com / Attn: Copyright Agent / P.O. Box 471702, Forestville, MD 20753
By email: suzi [at] innovativeleader [dot] com
Please note that attachments cannot be accepted at the email address for security reasons. Accordingly, any notification of infringement submitted electronically with an attachment will not be received or processed.
5. (a) Unless expressly permitted, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of this Web site, except as permitted under the last sentence of this Section 5(a) and except that you may make one print copy that is limited to occasional articles of personal interest only. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing (but subject to the last sentence of this Section 5(a)), you may not distribute any part of this Web site over any network, including, without limitation, a local area network, nor sell or offer it for sale. In addition, these files may not be used to construct any kind of database. Just as ILI from time to time excerpts materials from other sources in order to support the various commentaries and writings contained herein, we respect the right of others to make “fair use” of the materials contained on ILI; accordingly, you may from time to time excerpt and use materials set forth on this site, provided, that you must give the original author credit and such use must be for a non-commercial purpose only and not, for example, for re-sale.
(b) We are concerned about the integrity of our Web site when it is viewed in a setting created by a third party that includes advertising or other materials that we have not authorized to be displayed with our Web site. Neither you nor any third party shall make use of the contents of the Web site in any manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights, including copyright or that has not been authorized by us.
6. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless ILI and its affiliates, and their respective members, directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation by you of this Agreement. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
ILI’s name and logos are the trademarks and/or service marks of ILI, and you are not authorized to use any such name or mark in any commercial manner without the prior written permission ofILI . ILI reserves all legal rights and remedies available to it.
7. THIS WEB SITE IS AVAILABLE “AS IS.” WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THIS WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS AND INACCURACIES IN THE NEWS, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEB SITE. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEB SITE OR ANY INFORMATION OR GOODS THAT ARE AVAILABLE OR ADVERTISED OR SOLD THROUGH THIS WEB SITE. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, NOR DO WE ENDORSE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OR DATABASE DISPLAYED, UPLOADED OR DISTRIBUTED IN THIS SERVICE OR AVAILABLE THOUGH LINKS IN THIS SERVICE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS SERVICE. ALTHOUGH WE INTEND TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO PREVENT THE INTRODUCTION OF VIRUSES, WORMS, “TROJAN HORSES” OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE MATERIALS TO THIS SERVICE, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THAT THIS SERVICE OR MATERIALS THAT MAY BE DOWNLOADED FROM THIS SERVICE DO NOT CONTAIN SUCH DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR HARM ATTRIBUTABLE TO SUCH FEATURES. IF YOU RELY ON THIS SERVICE AND ANY MATERIALS AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SERVICE, YOU DO SO SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
THIS WEB SITE MAY CONTAIN VARIOUS COMBINATIONS OF TEXT, IMAGES, AUDIOVISUAL PRODUCTIONS, OPINIONS, STATEMENTS, FACTS, ARTICLES, MARKET DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION CREATED BY ILI OR BY THIRD-PARTIES. DUE TO THE NUMBER OF SOURCES FROM WHICH CONTENT IN THIS SERVICE IS OBTAINED, AND THE INHERENT HAZARDS OF ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTION, THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS OR INACCURACIES IN SUCH CONTENT. ACCORDINGLY, SUCH CONTENT, INCLUDING THE MARKET DATA, IS FOR YOUR REFERENCE ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON BY YOU FOR ANY PURPOSE. SUCH CONTENT IS NOT INTENDED FOR THE PURPOSE OF TAX OR INVESTMENT ADVICE AND IT DOES NOT ADVOCATE THE PURCHASE OR SALE OF ANY SECURITY OR INVESTMENT. INFORMATION CREATED BY THIRD PARTIES THAT YOU MAY ACCESS ON THE WEB SITE OR THROUGH LINKS IS NOT ADOPTED OR ENDORSED BY ILI AND REMAINS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
8. We are not responsible for the availability or content of other services that may be linked to this Web site. Because we have no control over such services, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external services, and that we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such services. You further acknowledge and agree that ILI shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through such services.
9. ILI and its affiliates, and their respective members, directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents and licensors are not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including, without limitation, lost revenues or profits, loss of business or loss of data, in any way related to this Web site or for any claim, loss or injury based on errors, omissions, interruptions or other inaccuracies in this Web site (including, without limitation, as a result of breach of any warranty or other term of this Agreement). Any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of this Web site.
10. This Agreement may be terminated by either party for any reason at any time. Sections 3 through 9 of this Agreement shall survive such termination.
11. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland without reference to its choice of law rules, applicable to agreements made and to be performed therein without regard to conflict of laws principles . BY CONTINUING TO USE THE WEB SITE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
ILI ’s Commitment to Your Privacy
Collection of Visitor Information
ILI does not collect any personally identifiable information from you unless you voluntarily choose to disclose such information. When you visit our Web site, we may request and collect the following categories of personal information from you:
- Contact information, including your name and email address, if you submit a question or comment.
ILI will not share, sell, rent or give away the information provided to us by site visitors, except as permitted or required by law. However, visitor information may be shared or sold to any successor to or purchaser of part or all of the assets of the business.
If you have volunteered your email address or other information and do not want ILI to contact you in the future, please let us know by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org that your information be removed from our records.
Links to Other Sites
Our Web site contains links to other sites which are neither owned nor controlled by ILI . In the event that you visit these sites, we recommend that you take the time to read each of their independent privacy policies, along with policies from other Web sites that collect personally identifiable information. ILI is not responsible for the privacy policies and/or content of other Web sites.
ILI permits links to content on ILI’s Web site only with the express written permission of an officer of ILI who is authorized to grant such permission. Such linking should not suggest thatILI promotes or endorses any third party causes, ideas, Web sites, products or services. Additionally, the linking should not use ILIcontent for inappropriate commercial purposes. ILI reserves the right to withdraw its permission for any link at any time.
ILI does not permit framing of its Web site.
Cookies are small bits of information that a web site places on the user’s hard drive that are often used to collect information about how the Web site is used. ILI currently does not utilize cookies, but may do so in the future.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection
ILI appreciates the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in today’s online environment. This Web site is not intentionally designed for or directed toward children under the age of 13, and we will not intentionally collect or maintain any information about anyone under the age of 13.
The content of this web site is written and edited by me, Suzi Pomerantz, except where otherwise indicated, as in the case of guest posts.
I may receive compensation as an affiliate marketer for some of the products or services I write about, but not all of them. My reviews do not have any bearing on potential compensation and are based on my honest opinions, findings, or experiences with the products on this site.
If I do not have personal experience with a product I’ll give you details only and not my personal recommendation.
Any product claim or other representation about a product should be verified with the party in question.
I sometimes provide referrals to and links to other web sites from our site. Such a link should not be seen as an endorsement, approval or agreement with any information or resources offered at sites you can access through our site, except as otherwise noted.