I just saw a clip from The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer of a conversation with Walter Breuning, the oldest living man in the United States, who lives in Montana and turned 112 back in September. He’s lived through 21 presidents, and worked on the railroads from 1913 through the Great Depression, and until 1963. He still walks every day, and is still sharp, as you can see in the video clip.
Here’s a few pearls of wisdom from Walter:
1. Change is all for the best
2. Nothing is certain in this life
3. You learn from life what is going on
4. Pay attention to everything that people do, especially helping people
5. Never stop helping people, we’re here to help other people all the way through